Thursday, December 9, 2010

Wild Things (1998)

I'm feeling lazy tonight, so...plot:

"In south Florida, a high school counselor is accused of rape by a manipulative rich girl and her trailer trash classmate. The cop on the case begins to suspect a conspiracy and dives into an elaborate and devious web of greed and betrayal to find the truth."

The counselor is Matt Dylon, the officer is Kevin Bacon, the "trailer trash classmate" is Neve Campbell and the "rich girl" is Denise Richards. (I told you I was feeling lazy). Bill Murray also makes a surprise appearance as a quirky (what else?) defense lawyer.

The film is described as a "erotic thriller" and that's exactly what it is. There are numerous nudity scenes as well as pretty graphic sex scenes. The plot is so-so relying mostly on countless twists throughout to keep the audience focused.

Honestly, this just isn't a very good movie. None of the characters are likable (except for Murray but he's not exactly a main character). The plot isn't all that praiseworthy but the film is probably worth a watch just because the plot twists are actually quite surprising and well done. I give it 2 out of 5 stars, I should probably rate it higher just because of the twists, but...nah.


And, well...That's it.


I'm done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And here is a goodbye song performed by the great and legendary Alice Cooper

1 comment:

  1. I used to work at a video store, and I used to see this movie on the shelf and think "Hm, I wonder if that's any good?" I never really had the ambition to rent it, even though we got free rentals. Now, you've convinced me it's probably for the best that I didn't.

    ReplyDelete