Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Football....Frank....Movie

Football:
  • Ok, so the games this week generally stunk, I was kind of rooting for the niners yesterday, but I mean they just kill their chances with stupid mistakes. 
  • I feel bad for Bush, broke his leg, ouch. 
  • When is Stafford coming back, it definitely isn't the same without him. 
  • Michigan's defense looks pretty bad, they're gonna get beat against good opponents. RichRod's last year?


 Music:
  • Great song to listen to when your driving around:  Little Green Bag by the George Baker Selection.    Great tune to listen to. Anyone who's seen Reservoir Dogs know what I'm talking about. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L1hD5OlPtw
  • I don't really want to get into what the lyrics are about, but the song is good...
  • Also, it's like 80 some degrees out today and so I was driving around with all my windows down with     F Sinatra at about full volume. You really do have to be in the mood for him, but the day was nice enough and Frank was pretty amazing driving around on a sunny afternoon.
  • Summer Wind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhhXEuxhpG4
  • The Best is Yet to Come: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmf1AYgYj6I
  • I'm Gonna Live Til I Die: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwqp7cepYOo
  • He has some really sad songs as well, I've Been to Town, and such. But that's not for today. Also, his version of Yesterday is much better than the Beatles version - in my humble opinion.
  • You know what's funny? I take pride in listening to Frank Sinatra in my car - blaring it in fact as I drive 75 on a 50 - err, I mean carefully and cautiously driving the speed limit, but every time Michael Buble comes on I always have the urge to lower it. I guess it's just a secret pleasure of mine. I have a couple of bands like that.

Movie: 
  • I saw It's Complicated - I was forced! I swear! Is it too late to plead the fifth? ....Hmm....anyway, I was naturally disgusted by this blatant chick flick. Bad morals in it as well.
  • The whole movie hinged on the fact that audiences had to believe that Meryl Street was, umm...attractive. And well, she just isn't. Never was. Alec Baldwin was funny, he carried my threw it and that guy from the Office (Jim) was cool too. 
  • Also, Steve Martin trimmed his eyebrows for this movie for some reason and they looked so strange, every time he was in a scene my eyes went straight to them. Odd sight.
  • Also, I hear the Town was really good for anyone who's thinking about going to the movies. I refuse to believe it though. I mean c'mon. Gigli. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment