Saturday, October 30, 2010

From Paris With Love

Here's an action buddy flick if anyone's interested. One hands, two hands three...no, you're just scratching your head? Ok. Well the movie is From Paris With Love and it stars John Travolta as the tough, funny, and deeply patriotic black ops CIA member as he teams up with a U.S. ambassador to Paris (Jonathan Rhys Meyers, The Tudors) for his first black ops mission. They must roam Paris in search of Middle Eastern terrorists to kill. Pretty simple. And btw, yes, they kill plenty. Chinese drug gangs as well.

As outrageous as Travolta's character is, it's hard not to like him, which surprised me as I was expecting to his character ridiculous and well, dumb. I mean, look at him


Meyers' character on the otherhand, is not that likable. As one of the two main characters, he is mostly there just to eat up time and clumsily move the story along as Travolta does his thing, you know kill people and find things out. Also, I don't know that much about him and whether he's a good actor or not, but in this movie, his acting skills are, well, bad. Quite noticeably too.

Ok movie to spend a quick hour and a half on. I would recommend it simply to watch Travolta kick some terrorist ass, but there are other movies out there.



Funny(?) story: A 84 year old woman drove (obliviously) on the wrong way on I-95 in Delaware. A few cars crashed (not hers) but no one was seriously hurt. Here is the link, including the video:

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2010/10/29/elderly-woman-caught-on-video-driving-in-wrong-direction-on-i-95/

Music: Cake - Cool Blue Reason such a cool song.

2 comments:

  1. I agree about Travolta. I don't think I can take him seriously like that. He is one white guy who really should not be bald. I haven't seen the movie, but I am picturing Samuel L Jackson there instead. He can definitely rock the bald-and-goatee look. Oh man, now I want to watch Pulp Fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So how did that woman not kill someone- that expressway was so busy. My husband's grandma is having some memory issues, unfortunately I can almost see her doing something like that. SCARY!

    ReplyDelete