Thursday, October 7, 2010

Why Am I Still Up?

Ok, so it's 1:48 a.m. and I literally just finished some homework for another class - my fault, I had forgotten until now and I need a post. Ok.

So, I had some car troubles Monday. Everything was fine on my way to school but as soon as I started the engine on my way home, my car - a 2002 Dodge Intrepid with more troubles than it's worth - started vibrating some and making loud grinding noises if I remember correctly - don't quote me on that.

This but gold and with a smashed left headlight - don't ask. But that sign shouldn't have been standing there.


It was doing ok up until I merged on the freeway on 1-75 then it started freaking out. It starting seriously shaking and lurching so I quickly took the first exit I saw and pulled off some street in Flint and parked in some parking lot. Everything looked fine so I tried driving it again and it seemed fine for the most part. I hit the freeway again and I painfully stayed in the middle lane and one again, painfully went the speed limit the rest of the way. 

Ten minutes later. I had made it to the highway and was on my way home when it started to have a tantrum again and I was forced to pull off on the side of the road. I waited a bit then started driving again. No luck. I pulled off into some guy's driveway. I quickly got out and knocked on their door and completely making an ass of myself explained the situation to some teenage girl who I presume told her dad. I hurriedly looked over my car and nervously backed up back on to the freeway under the glare of the girl's father from the doorway. Thanks bud.

For the next 20 minutes it was me going about 30-35 o various main roads and free ways pulling off to the side when a car approached from behind. And I was finally home. I checked out my car and well, it turns out my emergency brake was in complete shambles somehow. I mean, it was more or less in pieces. So...I just removed it and wa la. Problem solved. Stupid car.


-

I watched that movie from the 90's My Cousin Vinny yesterday (two days ago?). I had forgotten how funny it was. It stars Joe Pesci and that chick from the wrestler (awful movie btw). Pesci is a lawyer in Alabama and he's trying his first case. He's a New York lawyer and he has to travel to Alabama to defend a cousin of his who is accused of murdering a convenient store clerk in Alabama. It is a very funny and good movie as Pesci is a good arguer but just makes an ass of himself time and time again. I highly recommend it.
Here's the trailer:

And this is a scene from the movie:


Music: The Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil
The Stones either refused to play this song or weren't allowed after a concert incident where a concert goer was stabbed to death by a member of the Hells Angels, a biker gang. I'm a little short on details on that though. But you should still believe everything I say at complete face value.



Well I'm off to bed now, I have to wake up in a few hours for class. I would have published this post already but it seems I'm having some internet issues. Ugh.




1 comment:

  1. I love My Cousin Vinny. That is one of the movies I can watch over and over. The whole Voir Dire thing always puts a smile on my face

    ReplyDelete