Friday, October 1, 2010

Mega Post

Well, this is going to be my mega-post and just to clarify any confusion out there, yes I am sitting behind my mega-desk.


Ok, so I'n at my brother's house all the way in Macomb because he and his wife are out of town this weekend and I'm house-sitting (?). So, it's just me and this great big house. Partaaaayy!!! Oh. Oh wait, all my friends are busy. Really, all of them? Huh. I guess that means I can take the lamp shade off my head now.

I know what will pass the time, music of course. Good thing my bro has satellite TV and he has this great channel called Lithium which plays a lot of my favorite bands, Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Offspring, and....he doesn't have that channel anymore. Faaaantastic.

Well I'm trying out this site called Pandora. It's a site where you can choose a band, song, or genre and it will play similar songs. I've heard great things about it, but I've never really tried it until now. Being a really big music fan, it's saving me over here.

I saw trailers for three movies that looked pretty cool. Let's see what you think.
This one is called "True Grit" and I think it's about revenge or something. I think it looks pretty cool and it's a Coen Brothers movie. The Coens did Fargo, the Big Lebowski, Miller's Crossing, all classics. All in the 90's I know. But they're great. And their newest movie A Serious Man was really good too. Plus, this movie has Jeff Bridges in it, although I'm not the biggest Matt Damon fan.



The next movie is called Red and it stars Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, John Malkovich, and some other dudes. The plot? They're all ex-CIA and they end up killing a whole bunch of people. What more do you need?
The last one is called Faster and it stars The Rock (Dwayne Johnson) and Billy Bob Thornton. It looks like Billy Bob wronged the Rock in some way and he's out for revenge (another revenge movie I know, but you know they're good. It looks like it contains a lot of violence and fast cars. Sounds amazing right? Hey, I',m still a Rock fan. Psh, whatever.

I saw the new Alice in Wonderland over the week. I went in thinking I was going to absolutely hate it, which is good, because with that mindset, I only didn't like it. It was somewhat entertaining. I lost all caring for it when Johnny Depp began to dance at the end of the movie though. I mean, there's only so much I can take. As a human being, you know?

Ok, a couple of funny videos I found on the internet, this one shows a very angry - no, a very passionate candidate for something or another.


 
And this is a mock-interview called Between Two Ferns between Zach Galafakinas(?)  different guests. This one is with Michael Cera, the guy from Superbad. It's not for the easily offended and there can be some swearing.


Also, here is the website for more mock interviews.Although I'm sure you could just youtube it as well.

Music for today is Beyond the Gray Sky by 311.


Well, I'm off. I'm pretty bored. I think I'm gonna watch either the Evil Dead or 28 Days Later. Not quite sure yet. Enjoy the weekend guys and girls.


3 comments:

  1. Did you know the Coen Brother's True Grit is a remake of a good John Wayne flick, if you like John Wayne flicks? I'm looking forward to seeing what the Coens do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, but that name does actually sound familiar. I've never really gotten into John Wayne but I'm a big spaghetti western Clint Eastwood fan. Especially High Plains Drifter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Red looks like it's going to be a good one. Generally I don't see movies til they get to video, but I would like to see that one.

    ReplyDelete