Saturday, October 23, 2010

Red

So, I saw the movie Red opening weekend with a special someone someone and it was pretty darn good.

Trailer:

You can obviously tell by the trailer, but it stars Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, and Morgan Freeman and it also features a lot of other very talented actors and actresses. They're all (for the most part) ex-CIA and have been targeted for assassination by what looks like the current CIA. Willis must get the gang back together and figure out how to stay alive long enough to figure out just what's going on. It's based off a comic.

The film is a action/comedy and it pulls off both very well. I was actually surprised at the level of action and well, violence in it. Every scene kept me engaged and entertained and the movie was flat out funny to boot.

If your up for a good action-packed movie, this is definitely for you. It's a very light and smooth film and never takes itself too seriously. The violence is hard to describe because although it looks like the most realistic scenes of violence I've seen in some time (not gore) it always almost feels comical - in a good way.


Really good movie, it's everything the Expendables was supposed to be. 
Willis 1 Sly 0


Music: 311 - Beyond the Gray Sky
The song puts me at ease.














Disclaimer** I have been reminded, I once raved about and recommended Paul Blart: Mall Cop, so take all my reviews with a grain of salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment