Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tickets and Such

I got my first ticket over the weekend. Yeah, I've been driving for a couple of years now and no ticket, that all changed Friday. Driving 95 on I-75 will get you pulled over it seems. That's "stupid fast" as my bro informed me. And several others... The nice officer thanked me for showing great politeness and yet still wrote 95/70 on the ticket. I guess that shows politeness only goes so far. I'm a little worried about saying any more so I guess I'll leave it at that. (grumble grumble grumble)

I saw the old movie Swingers yesterday. It's a comedy that came out in 1996 and it starred a very young Vince Vaughn, Jon Favreau, and Heather Graham makes a appearance toward the end. It's about a group of young struggling actors looking to help their friend (Favreau) get over a nasty breakup with a girl he was with for six years. Obviously, the guy's having a tough time. The movie is pretty darn funny the whole way through and I'd definitely recommend it if you haven't seen/heard of it. It's only an hour and a half.

From the movie:

This has to be one of the most painful scenes I've ever seen. (Favreau) is calling a girl he literally just met that night. The time is 2:35 am. He completely disregards the 2 day rule, the scene is really hard to watch, seriously. I watched it with a bunch of  friends and we were definitely squirming through it.

So, he offers to go out with her, completely breaks down, and then breaks up with her in less than 5 minutes. Ugh.


Barefoot Professor in Virginia Preaches Shoelessness from the Washington Post:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/college-inc/2010

The man is a genius. It's time I can finally get out my tin foil hat again. Well, it's about time.


Music: Boxcar Racer - There Is

5 comments:

  1. I've gotten pulled over for going 81 on the interstate so 95 doesn't surprise me. It's kinda sad that the cop put you down for 95, though. It would have been nice for him to have knocked it down to 90 or something. Oh well. It happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 95/70 and your still walkin around??? LOL Your lucky that was all he gave you. LOL I know you will still speed but at least be a little more alert from now on. Watch the trucks they are a good indicator if any cops are around! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay...pay no attention to the lady above me who said "I know you will still speed but at least be a little more alert from now on"...for she is my wife and I can and WILL tell on her about her truck driving days in our truck!!!!! Lol
    Ask her about driving on I-40 in California one day in the Mohave Desert, Robert!!!! Ask her how fast SHE was driving our truck while I snored happily in the bunk behind her...go ahead...ask her... :)
    I totally understand your not wanting to use profanity (and am also grateful) in your blog. This is how I swear online ~!@#$%^&*()_+
    it's simple, quick and gets the point across nicely.
    But do take Jan's advice and watch the truck drivers out there, trust me...THEY know where the cops are!!!!! They don't mind if you tag along with them as long as you keep your distance. We call tailgaters "hemorrhoids" for a reason....

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's some good music you're playing there. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elise: I know! I'm just lucky he pulled me over when he did though...

    Jan: Nice tip on the trucks.

    Nick: Ha, thanks Nick. I will have to remember to ask about that. I'm trying to figure out which swear word you used too...hmm..

    Christine: Yeah, I hear not too many people have that band.

    ReplyDelete